Monday 23 November 2009

Ed Hooks!

I've ordered a copy of "Acting for animators" by Ed Hooks today.

I've actually read the book about 2 years ago and even met Ed twice during his workshops at Animex, in the last 2 years. He's a really great guy - I remember seeing him in one of his talks and I thought to myself, "He looks like the happiest man alive".

I've recently finished studying "The Artist's Complete Guide to Facial Expression" by Gary Faigin. Now I say "study" instead of read because I found that by reading something, you skim through the facts and remember the points that stick out the most; while all the filler materials may be skipped. On the other hand, when you study something, you focus. You turn off the music in the background and stop all your activities and just sit down and prepare your brain to absorb information. I believe it makes a lot of difference.

I say this because I'll admit to only have read through Acting for Animators 2 years back and haven't properly absorbed the information as much as I allowed myself to. This time I'll work my way through the book and do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment