Monday 23 November 2009

Spline Doctors

I have always wondered what it was like to be at Pixar Animation Studios. So when I first discovered splinedoctors, and tuned in to listen to the podcasts, I was dumbfounded about as much as when I first discovered the Animators Survival Kit by Richard Williams. My insides screamed, "TREASURE!!!" and I'm sure I'm not the only one grateful for all the interviews and podcasts on there with the team at Pixar.

Each of the interviews are a lecture in itself with priceless information, priceless I tell ya! And I am continually blown away with all the discussions and I've only just gone through a few of the early podcasts. One of the greatest things about it is how informal all the interviews are and how you can FEEL the passion and sincerity of the answers.

The resources for animation is vast on the internet, simply incredible.

3 comments:

  1. You should try these:

    http://animationpodcast.com/

    http://tooninanimation.net/wordpress/

    The Animation Podcast has got some heavyweights like andreas deja and Ray Harryhausen, not to mention James Baxter who'll be speaking at this year's Animex. Do you think the Ubisoft schedule will allow you to go? Toon In has about 40 interviews so there's enough to keep us all going until the new shows come out.

    Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Andrew Cothill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew,

    Thanks for the links and for stopping by. Will check those out soon :).

    I did take a week off work to go to Animex and the James Baxter lecture was really good! Did you go to Animex as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this's is a late reply.... erm.

    Yes, i made it to Animex and loved the James Baxter lecture. I got to ask him a question about reconciling acting choices between the director and animator. Watching How To Train Your Dragon utterley blew me away though. I wonder if it was all keyframed. Absolutely amazing though. Hope life at Ubisoft is ok and I'll be able to actually compete in the VIS awards next year.

    Take care and best wishes,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete